Wednesday, April 8, 2009

can you feel the pressure? I can










My attempt to recreate images like Edward Weston. All about the lighting. I like this a lot, but don't see myself continuing with these types of images. I feel that I have moved beyond them. I like photographing people more now. And the beautiful night shots I made. I like the pretty colors that come out of the film when there is reciprocity failure. Only time I like failure.










This is one of the images I made when I was focusing on long exposures and night shots. I still love it and want to explore it more, but I think I'll wait until it warms up a little more. Winter and early spring are not good times to stand outside for 20 minutes for the exposure to be correct.










Wish everyone was this excited to see me pointing a camera at them. Goofiness must run in the family.


<span class=Utagawa Kuniyoshi, Sakata Kaidō-maru wrestles with a giant carp, c. 1837." title="Utagawa Kuniyoshi, Sakata Kaidō-maru wrestles with a giant carp, c. 1837." height="454" width="310">
Utagawa Kuniyoshi,
Sakata Kaidō-maru wrestles with a giant carp, c. 1837.
Colour woodblock, ōban, 37.8 x 26 cm


Woodblock prints. Who doesn't love the look of a woodblock print. And in color. Need I say more?
Robert Ryan, Bird Lady II, 2008
Robert Ryan,
Bird Lady II,
2008 Screen print, 58 x 45 cm.
Signed. Edition of 20


I must be on a print craze at the moment. I just love the dainty details that can be achieved with them. And this particular print has a nice limited color palette.


Dorothea Lange
American, 1954
Gelatin silver print
9 1/2 x 9 in.
2000.43.11

Cute girl. Love classical portraiture. Guess I'm wishing it was like that these days. Now you have to be controvertial, or offensive to get noticed. I don't think I'll ever be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment