Monday, April 27, 2009

I can see the finish line

I will include my own images once I have a chance to get them downloaded.

Unknown, Supporting the team: Well-dressed English lads yelling support for their team, 1930s
Unknown photographer:
Associated Press, London, England, Supporting the team: Well-dressed English lads yelling support for their team, 1930s, gelatine silver print, 15.2 x 20.4 cm.

Kids are great to photograph. They completely ignore the camera and go on with whatever they were doing. And they are so expressive. Not to mention this is black and white, and you all know how much I love black and white photography.
Juan Muñoz
Juan Muñoz.
One Figure (Una figura), 2000.
Resina, pigmentos y espejo. 110×60 x 50 cm.

I feel like this a lot of the time. I so wish I could vanish into an alternate reality like the one in the mirror. This seems to have a lot of introspection in it. Really makes the viewer stop and think.
Barbad Golshiri
Barbad Golshiri

The Portrait Of The Artist As A One Year Old Child

2005
Print on canvas
107 x 149 cm

This image appeals to me because I am very interested in working with images on canvas. I hope to experiment with it this summer. I find this interesting also because the image is displayed upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment