Monday, April 6, 2009

More cool images













One of my favorite images I've ever taken. I love the change in the lighting and the trees surrounding the pathway. Is it ominous or enclosing?













I am intrigued with the foreground/background tension in images. The fence leaves the viewer feeling that they are excluded, or perhaps seeing something they shouldn't be.



















I love black and white images. And there is something so comforting about a square format. No need to turn the image portrait or landscape to see what the artist intended.


Anoop Srivastav

Royal Blue
Acrylic on canvas
36x36 in.

I love the different layers in this painting. And the blue apple, what a great use of complementary colors.

Friedrich Nerly,Venice, moonlight on the Piazza San Marco,© Niedersächsisches Landesmuseum, Hanover
Friedrich Nerly (1807–1878)
Venice, moonlight on the Piazza San Marco
Circa 1842
Oil on Canvas


The lighting and angle of this image make the column seem so monumental. I like the subdued colors in it, and how the clouds embrace the top of the column.


Josef Sudek
The Last Rose, from Rose series, 1956
Museum of Decorative Arts in Prague
What a gorgeous still life. Yet there is still a decayed apple that makes the viewer think of death, and of how short life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment